Meta Project activities include:
The Meta Project strengthens the performing arts community in the DC area by helping individual artists and small companies thrive.
Meta Project aims to enhance the intrinsic value of the performing arts in DC and work with artists to increase the community impact of dance.
In response to growing needs among the DC performing arts community, Dance Box Theater is in the process of helping individual artists and small
comapnies become more sustainable.
Dance Box Theater's Meta Project is a series of resource-sharing opportunities and professional development trainings for performing artists throughout DC and Baltimore.
The purpose of Meta Project
is to help artists succeed by developing programs aimed at building creative equity and infrastructural stability.
- The vision for Meta Project is that:
- - DC and Baltimore area performing artists will have wider access to resources available throughout the community.
- - Performing artists will continue to develop unique partnerships that provide increasingly greater community investment in the arts.
- - Successful methods of communication and dialogue will evolve among performing artists that effectively address needs in the community.
- Dancer Note Series
- Dancer Notes are exchanges for dance artists in the DC metro area to pool resources
in order to achieve a greater impact. All colleagues, dancers, friends,
volunteers and board members are welcome. Be prepared to share any opportunities that you know of or are creating yourself!The first Dancer Note event,
Top Five in 2012, was a sharing of upcoming grant deadlines,
performance opportunities, contacts and strategy ideas. The goal was for each artist attendee to leave with a list of five opportunities
to pursue this year - as small as having coffee with a presenter or as large as applying for a national grant.
- Writing Your Project Description
- Upcoming applications got you down? Grant deadlines ahead but you need some help getting started? This hands-on grant
writing workshop will help you clarify your creative project in writing. Facilitators will help you to identify your project
goals and objectives, frame your statement of need, articulate your anticipated outcomes and clarify how you will measure
your projects' success. By the end of this session, you will have a working outline for a detailed project proposal and a first
draft of a project description. This session will be held at the Dance Place development office, 725 Kearney Street
(across the street from the Dance Place theater) Washington, DC 20017.
- Cultivating Donors
- This workshop is designed to offer participants a specific fundraising strategy aimed at cultivating individual donors and building meaningful realtionships with potential donors and partners.
- Individualized Consulting
- Specialized consulting in one-on-one and small group sessions provide specialized guidance in navigating the performing arts as business-minded professionals.
Self-Production for Individual Artists and Small Companies
Coming soon, this workshop is designed to offer performing artists a in-depth perspective of self-producing including contracts, budgeting, presenter needs, technical riders and stage management.
Future activities may include administrative training for performing artists, round-table dialogue,
community learning exchanges, resource mapping/building and the development and maintenance of effective information channels.
Got an idea? What would you like to see for DC and Baltimore area performing artists? Contact us and let us know!